Friday, January 23, 2009

The Beginnings (aka hwk #0 for cven 655)

About Me: I am a graduate student at Texas A&M University. I am working on my Masters of Engineering in Water Resource Engineering, which I am hoping to finish this summer. After that, off to the real world.

I am doing this blog for CVEN 665-- Water Resource Systems Analysis. I am taking this course because I think its important that, after all these classes in which we studied the individual components of water resource systems in depth (e.g. pipe flow, open channel flow, stormwater), to take a class which will bring all this information together; to study the system as a whole so that, as an engineer, I can answer that all-important question-- "how efficiently (cheaply) can I build it?".


"Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one." -- Malcolm Forbes (father of publisher/conservative thinker/presidential candidate Steve Forbes).

What is critical thinking? Critical thinking, to me, is the process of taking an idea or a problem and breaking it down and examining and evaluating its components using science, logic, and comparisons from your own experiences in order to evaluate the problem or idea and develop a reasonable response.

That's it for today. Check back on Monday for my reviews of two delightful articles (Hwk#1).

No comments:

Post a Comment